Thursday, September 13, 2007

My plan for the next decade

I do not know the new and different options that may come my way in the next ten years, but I will give you my plan for what I would like to see happen.

I would obtain my Psychology undergraduate degree from Clemson University in the desired four years. Immediately following graduation, I will go on to get a masters degree in counseling and follow the path to become a certified counselor. While trying to obtain this goal, I must fulfill each of the requirements that the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) calls for.

I will finish my Master's degree work by completing at least 48 hours at The University of Georgia or Columbia's International University. To become a certified counselor you must complete your graduate and undergraduate degrees. After that is completed, I am required to fill 3,000 hours of counseling experience over 24 months. I will also need 100 hours of post-Master's direct supervision. My supervisor must hold an advanced degree in counseling or something closely related. In addition, I must receive a passing score on the National Counselor Exam (NCE).

Sometime during this journey to become a certified counselor, I hope to find the man I was meant to marry. I would like to work as a counselor until we decide to have children. I will then choose to be a stay at home mom until our children are in their teens. At that time, I will re-enter the work force and, again, put to use the skills that I have learned to best assist those in troubling situations and/or those with chronic disorders.

No comments: