Saturday, September 22, 2007

You Can Say Too Much Without Even Speaking

I greatly enjoyed this article and believe body language can significantly impact your chances while in a job interview. Body language can say so many things that we may or may not agree with.

This article helps you to think through your actions before and during an interview. The author pointed out four common types of body language including: eye contact, fidgeting, posture, and closed body language. Of the four types of body language discussed, there were two I could easily see myself being a victim of, fidgeting and closed body language.

When I am nervous I am prone to all sorts of fidgeting that I now see as a disadvantage. Although I would be very interested in the interview I had, I am very cold natured. As I learned in the article, crossing your arms can display a lack of interest. I will definitely bring a coat of some sort to my future interviews to avoid any possible misunderstandings. I believe you must first be conscious of the body language you are displaying, then you will be able to express your interest in the position correctly.

No comments: